Membership in the Children's Literature Assembly is open to both individuals and institutions. Members are entitled to:
- Two issues of the Journal of Children's Literature, a refereed publication featuring research and scholarship, as well as reviews of children's books and professional resources, booklists, teaching ideas, and items of general interest.
- Full voting privileges
- Opportunity to attend the annual Children's Literature Breakfast at the annual convention of the National Council of Teachers of English each November. Hear well known authors and illustrators of children's books share their insights and their lives.
- Opportunity to attend regular convention sessions sponsored by the Children's Literature Assembly, including:
- Speeches by authors/illustrators
- Booktalks by the committee which selects the Notable Trade Books for the Language Arts for each year
- The Master Class, designed for those who teach children's literature courses at the college or university level
- Author sessions, featuring noted authors and illustrators contributing to the field, such as recent speakers: Janet Hickman, George Ancona, etc.
- The eagerly anticipated day-long workshop featuring several well known children's authors, illustrators, poets, and publishers gathered together to discuss a timely topic in children's literature, such as the role of "story" in historical fiction, the power of poetry for children, etc.
- And so much more . . .
Join or Renew today!
To submit a change of address, please email our treasurer, James Stiles: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLA welcomes its newest members. --> read more